THE O'ROURKE BUILDING
The O'Rourke Building's exquisite architectural design and fine masonry elevate the 23 unit residential complex to a spellbinding work of art. The thoughtful brick detail and use of exotic stone reflect the strong economic conditions of its time. In it's hay day the now empty rooms were homes, the iron overhangs had fine stained-glass and the exterior walls were dressed in copper lighting.Today most of its interiors have been lost in time and ownership but some original trims, hardwoods and hardwares remain the same. Our favorite detail is the porcelain, honeycomb tile and Carrara marble entries. the Inspiration for this project digs back into its towns roots of the copper mining days: raw materials and grit. Our goal for this project is restoration and preservation of the historic property.
D E V E L O P M E N T | P L A N
B E F O R E | P H O T O S
The smaller North building is known as the Annex and was built in 1892 by Mr. O'Rourke and the much larger South building was constructed in 1908 by Mrs. O'Rourke.